Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lesson Learned - 6/13/12

Estimates take a long time. Today i spent about 5.5 hours doing estimates on 130 instruments for a non-profit in Philadelphia. Doing them carefully to make sure I didn't miss anything - and thus didn't have to eat any extra cost later - was mentally exhausting. Stooping over to open cases and then carry them all out the van was physically exhausting.


All things considered, a productive day, and always a rewarding experience to feel like you're helping more kids get exposure to instrumental music. Plus I met a really nice guy who helped me carry the instruments out to the car. He stood to gain nothing from helping me except a little bit of exercise and conversation. I think that must be definition of a kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment