Thursday, February 27, 2014

Buffet English Horn Day 14 - 2/26/14

Today I started facing tone holes. I found the perfect glue to use for sealing the tone hole rims - a superglue that's not too thick or thin, so that I can wick a thin bead all the way around the rim. The facers seem to be working well, too. I got all the tone holes on the lower joint leveled and then dropped that joint in the immersion oiler. Tomorrow I'll take care of the lower joint tone holes and deal with that crack near the C# hole.

I also installed the new post I made and got to check its fit.



I don't know why that picture looks so washed out. Oh well. The post fit well and was the right height, so that was great. Unfortunately, while I was drilling the pilot hole for the pivot screw, the drill bit wandered a little bit, and I ended up with a hole that wasn't centered. So it looks like I'll have to start over with a new new post. This time the job should go much more quickly since I've already done it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment